This Garlic Parmesan Broccoli and Cauliflower can reform even the pickiest of veggie-phobes.
The veggies are cooked perfectly tender-crisp and are tossed in garlic and Parmesan, which make pretty much everything taste amazing. And, the mix of broccoli and cauliflower provides a great opportunity to introduce new veggies.
Say you have a kiddo who loves broccoli and hates cauliflower. You might start by making this recipe using only broccoli.
The next time you make it, add just one piece of cauliflower into the kid’s bowl. And the time after that, you add 3 pieces, until you’re preparing the recipe as written!
I know, it’s like mom voodoo, right?! Not exactly–it can take dozens of exposures for a picky eater to accept new foods into the diet. This phased-in approach provides consistent exposure to veggies at a gradual pace.
Try it out and let me know how it goes!
Garlic Parmesan Broccoli and Cauliflower
Time: 30 minutes
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe!
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, broccoli, garlic, and olive oil. Toss to coat the veggies with garlic and olive oil.
- Spread the mixture on a large baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle veggies with salt, pepper, and Parmesan, and toss again.
- Serve immediately.
Per serving (168 grams): 90 calories, 4 grams fat, 10 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fiber, 3 grams sugar, 4 grams protein, 220 mg sodium.
Speaking of healthy, kid-friendly recipes, would you like 12 easy one-dish recipes delivered free to your inbox? Click here for our free recipe ebook!