It’s beginning to feel a lot like soup season, and this easy microwave carrot ginger soup has been on repeat in my kitchen lately.
In addition to being so easy my 6-year-old can make it (with help carrying the hot bowl, of course), this soup:
- comes together in 7 minutes.
- provides 500% of the RDA for vitamin A (great for healthy eyes and a strong immune system!)
- packs a decent fiber punch.
This one goes well with a big chicken salad at lunchtime. It’s also an easy snack–just be sure to pair it with a lean protein to help you stay satisfied until your next meal.
Easy Microwave Carrot Ginger Soup
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Click here for a printable PDF version of this recipe.
- 10 ounces frozen carrots
- 1.5 cups hot waterr
- 1 cube chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Put all ingredients into a blender, and puree.
- Microwave for 2 minutes in a microwave-safe dish.
- Serve hot, and garnish as desired.
Per serving (386 grams): 100 calories, 2 grams fat, 18 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 12 grams sugar, 3 grams protein, 130 mg sodium.
See, it doesn’t get much easier than that!
Speaking of easy recipes, would you like access to 12 more easy, one-dish recipes? Click here for our free ebook!